Thursday, October 21, 2010

Yum Fall!


Yum!

So my daughters and I start the fall season every year by making pumpkin bread. I made it using a variation of a recipe I have had since the 70's. I think it turned out delicious and moist. It is an easy recipe and makes two loaves. Enjoy!

Pumpkin Bread

Pre heat oven to 350

1 can pumpkin
4 eggs
1 cup veg oil
2/3 cups of water
3 1/2 cups of self rising flour
3 cups of sugar
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 teap nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 allspice
1/2 tsp cloves

Mix pumpkin, eggs, oil, water and sugar until mixed. Wisk together dry ingredients. Add dry ingredients to wet mixture slowly until well mixed. Do not over beat.  Spray pan two loaf pans with non stick spray and sprinkle with granulated sugar. Bake for 50 mins until center comes out clean when toothpick inserted.

No comments: